WTB Accel Supercoil # 140404??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Accel Supercoil # 140404??

Do you fellas know where I can get a good price on Accel coils? Also, do you know if I can buy just one replacement coil or at least just the coils, no wires. It seems I have one fried coil that I need to replace.

Thanks
    Mike

If you are using 140404 on your GS IT IS THE WRONG COIL

Comment

Yes I'm using 140404, it should be the right coil because I have a Dyna S aftermarket CDI ignition. That's the setup that was on the bike when I bought it and it ran fine.

I blew the ignition and one coil with the battery charger while trying to troubleshoot the charging problem.

I just got the ignition back from Dyna and now it's running on two cyl. If I switch the black and white wires coming from the Dyna S to the coils I still have spark on the two coming from the left coil so it has to be a bad coil.

Comment

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THEY HAVE A CDI JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE AN AFTERMARKET ELECTRONIC IGN.
        The Dyna S and Dyna III SHOULD BE USED WITH 3 OHM COILS
        THE CDI coils (140404) are .9 ohms THEY WILL DAMAGE YOUR IGN AS YOU HAVE FOUND OUT
        THIS PROBLEM HAS COME UP BEFORE,

Comment

A DYNA S IS NOT A CDI IGNITION. It IS an ELECTRONIC ignition.
          The correct Accel coils for your bike are AC140403 and are non CDI 3 ohm coils.

Earl

[quote="at100plus"]
          Yes I'm using 140404, it should be the right coil because I have a Dyna S aftermarket CDI ignition. That's the setup that was on the bike when I bought it and it ran fine.
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

AHA! Well that explains it.

This guy I bought it from must not have run the bike much. Apparently he spent a bunch of money upgrading the ignition, R/R, stator and coils, and still had charging problems, which is when I bought it, thinking all it needed was a R/R.

When I brought it home, I couldn't get it started, I found out it was the choke cable was messed up and choke wasn't opening all the way. Then the battery was dead from trying to start it, so I tried to jump it with the charger, then it only ran on two cyl. Then while trying to troubleshoot it further on the battery charger, I blew out the ignition.

OK, I'll get the non CDI coils.

Back to the question - Where's the best place to buy them?

Comment

I get mine from http://www.newmotorcycleparts.com/interest.htm
              Quickest service and nicest people on the web. Priority mail, usually three days at half the cost of UPS. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by at100plus

OK, I'll get the non CDI coils.

Back to the question - Where's the best place to buy them?
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                X