Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master cylinder

Hey guys,

I was wondering if its possible to use a GSXR master cylinder to replace the master cylinder on my 79 gs750. the only thing i see is the size of the bolt that holds the hose that the oil flows through.

Let me know

Seems to me that it will bolt on but the push rod assembly is different.
    I just had a master cyl blowout on my 78 1000e and I found the rebuild kit
    for $30 US @ my local shop. 15 minutes (rebuild and bleed) and I was on the road.

Good luck
    Rico

Comment

thats what i was hoping to do last winter but i couldnt get the snap ring out to get the plunger assembly out. I even took it to the dealer and they couldnt get it either.

whats different about the push rod assembly? and where can i take a look at it?

Comment

Man, just off the top of my head..........short term memory issues.......
        the gsx push rod was shorter and the conecting knuckle was different(larger) BUT just like everything else, I'm sure it can be made to fit.

Did you heat up the snap ring area on the old master/cyl?

I like to use a bit of heat on these type of things followed by some penetrating oil THEN "the hammer"...

I know that none of this will be helpfull.
        Rico

Comment

Are we talking front or rear For front the only consideration is the mirror mount GSXR doesn't have it. The rear??? Tried to put a GSXR600 on a 77GS750, you would have to redo the mounting bracket, It also has a smaller bore So their again I would say NO

Comment

I am talking just front brake. I know it wont have the mirror mount but thats a minor issue cause i am looking into getting bar end mirrors. I dont know why the plunger rod length would have any effect. I would think that all of these brakes would work on the same principle and as long as the bolt from my brake fits the GSXR brake what would make it not work? I mean, you pull the lever which pushes a piston and pressurizes the brakeline and pushes the caliper...

Rico... I couldnt find any thing to get down in the hole to even try to get it out with. It was not so much a problem of not getting it out as it was to find something to get it out with.

Comment

Long tipped right angle snap ring pliers are perfect for removing the snap ring. But regular snap ring pliers will work too.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
              X