racing cams for gs1000e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

racing cams for gs1000e

I found a guy that has a set of racing cams for my 1978 gs1000e, they are new in box and he wants 200.00 cdn for them is it worth it? How much extra kick to you think they would give and are they hard to change out? thanks!

cams

The price isn't bad but all cams are not created equal both in quality and performance and not all cams can be just bolted in, some will require fly cutting the pistons, for clearance, it all dedends on what the cam specs are and some cam profiles will require other mods such as pipe and pods, to get the performance out of them be sure they come with paper work so you know what your getting into

Comment

gee-s-is

Thanks for taking some interest I will definetely find a little more out before I just buy them as for the pipe and pods I am running a supertrap exhaust and I am not sure what pods are (I am new to this). I am also running k & n air filters I think thats what you are talking about?

Comment

If they have over around 425 lift you will need shim under buckets. That also is about the max for a street cam. Duration is a major consideration.

Comment

Working...
        X