Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help with my GS750...Eletrical Prob...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with my GS750...Eletrical Prob...

My bike works fine until I signal or turn on my headlight...as soon as I do it dies. The battery gets drained fast by it. The ground on the motor is fine and the battery is new. The regulator works fine as well. What do you think the problem could be?

I think you need to go back and check your charging circuit first

Comment

Almost sounds like you have a short in the lighting circuit somewhere if it's dying quick when the lights are flipped on.

Comment

When you say it dies right away, is it
        <flip switch> WHAM! or...
        <flip switch> one mississippi, 2 mississippi or...
        <flip switch> keep riding, get stuck in 2 miles

The 2 mile verision makes me think charging system, the insta-death makes me think short.
        But hey, I asked for Lynn's advice yesterday on how to mount a ground, so I'm very new at this.

Comment

It dies in an heartbeat...

I rerplaced the regularor, alternator, starter, battery BUT still the same prob. How will I find it if it is a short in the wiring? When you say it is the lighting system, does that mean all the singnal lights too, cause when I singnal it dies too. The battery is slowly being drained somewhere. Even if I use no electrical and ride it for about an hour on a charged battery it dies. I checked the ground on the engine and it's good. How do you go about making a good ground if you need to?

Comment

Working...
          X