Cam chain tensioner cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam chain tensioner cushions

I'm in the middle of a rebuild & seem to have misplaced the cam chain tensioner cushions. It's too late on a Saturday to run to the Suzuki shop & was wondering if there's a viable substitute for them. Really frustrating as I tried (really) to keep all the small parts in plastic tubs. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Andy.

oh no!!!

looks like you better get off line and start looking cause its not likely that the dealer has them in stock, and 1-2 weeks to get. GOOD LUCK

Comment

Good to see you getting it back together I looked couldn't find them Top case went to trash last week, I didn't have any use for it

Comment

Got some real helpful info from gsmansyz on the problem. Got creative with a bolt & my grinder. After some "engineering", I now have the problem solved & teh cases ae back together. Going out this morning to slide the cylinder over the pistons & whatever other stuff I can get done before I have to take off for the week's run. Hope to have it running next weekend, but since it's my first total rebuild am going REAL SLOW! I'll post some pics when I get it back on the road. Everyone have a great week & if you're in LA, MS, TN, AR, MO, IL, or IA & you see a big truck that looks like the one in my avatar give me a wave.

Comment

Working...
        X