Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick rectifier/regulator question

I think mines bad, how do i fix it?... Just kidding

Lynn said in a previous post that i was searching for that you should use a regulator rectifier from a

"From 78-82 Honda CB/CX400/450/500 ??? simple to install usually, other than the plug it will look exactly like your old one SEE Tips & Tricks for further info. Get one from junk yard or ebay
    You can see the reg under the wires"

I noticed that most people on the forum own older model bikes (pre 83) and I was wondering if the same unit will work for the 83+ bikes. (Ive got an 84 GS550ES)

Sorry if its a dumb question.

You have to rewire but it will work on any three phase system Never tried it but it would probably work on a GSXR too

Comment

thanks lynn, i looked at the wiring process too. Looks very easy. Ive seen the honda ones sell for around 10 dollars on ebay. I think ill try that.

Comment

Alright, this apears to be what I need. Its off a 1982 Honda CX500 custom

But, I also found this, off the same bike..

Im almost positive its the top one, but the bottem one claims to be a voltage regulator.. ?

Will the top one work?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I have had the Honda mod on my GS for years. It looks like the top item. but mine has a tag on the front with some parts ident or something. It is not clear but definitely has a tag with identification of some sort on it.

but be sure what you are buying is called a regulator rectifier((combo) if those 2 items came off the same bike and one is just called a regulator then i would suspect that the other part MAY not be the combo unit you want. Why not go to a Honda dealer and pick the parts mans brain before ordering.

Comment

Alright, thanks. I think I will try the Honda Dealership.

Comment

Working...
            X