GS1000G Carby`s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000G Carby`s

Could anyone tell me the correct jet size (i have 115 in it now and am not sure if its right) and the starting point for the air screw inside the bowl...when i removed them to clean the mud out they were all different settings.The bike wouldnt rev over 4000 and after close inspection noticed the mud and jelly in the carbs.The bike has had a 4into1 exhaust put on it and im not sure if they played with anything internally so this is why i am checking if anyone knows...Thanks...
    PS its got uni-filter pods on it too.

What year model? What size carbs? There may be differences in carb size and jet size between U.S. and Australian models.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

81GS1000G stock is 115 with pods maybe 125's It's all trial and error
      to get it right

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
        What year model? What size carbs? There may be differences in carb size and jet size between U.S. and Australian models.
        Its 42mm on the engine side and 55mm on the pod size
        The bike is an 80 model...sorry so long with the reply...away from home all week.

Comment

OK. I don't have the info for a "G" model. I'm sure a Suzuki dealer could tell you. What I do have in the factory manual for the '80 GS1000E/ST says the main is 107.5 That model has 34mm carbs and is chain driven.
          I don't know what you mean by "air screw in the bowl".
          As for jetting those carbs with the uni pods and a pipe, not only do the main jets and possibly the pilot jets need to be larger, but the jet needles must be raised too. Jet kits supply you with an adjustable needle if yours is still stock. They usually require you to drill out the vacuum orifice to the diaphragm chamber also to improve throttle response. They supply that drill bit too. I go with jet kits. Some people don't and try shimming up the stock needle and buying seperate Mikuni jets. If you do, I would suggest 3-4 full sizes up on the mains. A step or half size (2.5) up on the pilots jets and/or richer mixture screw adjustments for the pilot circuit. I've never shimmed needles so I can't help you with that. Just don't leave the needles where they are or you'll be very lean from about 1/5 to 3/4 throttle. Just suggestions.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

HI

Dynojet says size 165or 170 for the main jets, bigger hole in the sliders .
            New air restrictors+ needles ,,and mix screws 2and a half turn out.

PS I have a DYNOJET set (GS1000+GS1100 8 valve 1980-82)
            Interested ???Sell Cheap (NOK 400.- to down under with carriage.)

GS1000GLx

Comment

Working...
            X