Left spark plug wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left spark plug wire?

I kickstarted my 77 GS400 thismonring and it was only running on the right cyl. I took out the plugs and switched them back and forth and found they both run on the right side nothing on the left, is this a serious problem or just a new wire?

I'd replace the spark plug lead and see what happens

Comment

Re: Left spark plug wire?

What does the left plug look like? If you ground the plug against the motots and crank it over do you get a spark at all? If there's no spark, remove the plug cap, trim about 1/2 inch of wire, screw it back in and try again. If still no spark then there's trouble further back, either the wire or coil are bad.

If you're getting spark, but still not running on the left, then you'll need to look into fuel issues etc.

Originally posted by VermontNewbie
      I kickstarted my 77 GS400 thismonring and it was only running on the right cyl. I took out the plugs and switched them back and forth and found they both run on the right side nothing on the left, is this a serious problem or just a new wire?

Comment

Ill go try trimming the wire now, but yeah I ground it and no spark at all.

Comment

If this doesn't help, you'll need to go back a little farther. Since your bike is a '77 it'll have points and condensers that will need to be tested. If you don't have a shop manual, now would be a good time to get one. Testing these components, isn't hard but is fairly specific to get good results.

Sam

Originally posted by VermontNewbie
          Ill go try trimming the wire now, but yeah I ground it and no spark at all.

Comment

Working...
          X