Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sprocket change for torque/wheelie power...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprocket change for torque/wheelie power...

Howdy y'all! Well I am about due for a new chain, so I am going to go ahead and do a sprocket change as well. As the bike is, it doesn't wheelie to well. It will do it, but I have to run it so hard, that I am starting to worry about the well being of my baby. I don't really need the 140+ top end, I've only had it that fast twice. SO what would be a good combo for more low end snap?

wheelie power??? 8O

Comment

Drop a tooth on the front sprocket and or add teeth to the rear sprocket. This will lower your gear ratio for lower top speed and gas mileage but adds to the fun factor! I went down a tooth on the front and up a 2 teeth on the rear of my '79 750. Definately a lot more fun if you like acceleration, wheelies and burnouts.

Comment

Be careful!!! :? :? :? (You're getting the glare from me)

I hear that stiffening the suspension will do a lot for the wheelies.

And be careful! If I catch you wheelie-ing down my street I'll kick your ass.

Michael

Comment

mopolopo! Stop glaring. I only wheelie "out the road" which is 20 miles of two lane pavement, that only leads to nothing but camp grounds on the other side of the island. Thanks for the suspension tip. As for kicking my ass, I invite the challenge! lol Take it easy Mike!

gstaylor! Thanks for the info. I knew how to get the gears lower, but I wasn't sure how big or small I could go on each end. If I look in dennis kirk, and just pick a sprocket with more or less teeth, will it work on my bike? I forgot to ask that in the initial post.

Thanks to all responders!!!

Comment

Forgot to say HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X