What size fuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size fuse?

Anybody know what size fuse (amps) is supposed to be in a 1977 GS750. The previous owner must have taken it out and wired around it. I would like to put it back in, but can't find any information in my manuals.

Terry

I believe the main fuse will be 15 amps and the secondary fuses will be 10 amps. If you have any inline fuses they should be 3 amps or less.

Hap

Comment

It only has one fuse. The schematic shows it between the battery and the rectifier. Do you think it shoud be 15 amps?

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by TheNose
        It only has one fuse. The schematic shows it between the battery and the rectifier. Do you think it shoud be 15 amps?

Terry
        Hmmmm, let me look into some stuff...if I cannot find some documentation, I will calculate the amp and that should be close. I would be willing to bet we are talking either a 10 or 15 amp fuse here.

Hap

Comment

I had the same concern when I got my '78 a month or so ago - no owner's manual, Clymer shows the schematic but doesn't list the amperage of the fuse :? . There is a 15 amp fuse in my fuse holder (single fuse, too; based on info I've found in a parts manual (CD) I bought on eBay and from various posts on this sight, 78 was the last year for the single fuse, at least for the 750). I also remember my '70 Honda CL350 and '72 CB500 from way back in my early riding days had single 15 amp fuses, so I'm satisfied 15 amps is correct.

Comment

i've looked in my clymer manual, and for my gs850 it is a 15 amp. fuse. So probably for yours it will be 15 amp. to.

Comment

I forgot I have the Suzuki Service manual for 1978 - 1982. The schematics for those years show it to be a 15 amp fuse. I think that is what I will use. I should have checked there first, but - I'll blame it on old age.

Originally posted by Hap Call
              Hmmmm, let me look into some stuff...if I cannot find some documentation, I will calculate the amp and that should be close. I would be willing to bet we are talking either a 10 or 15 amp fuse here.

Hap
              Save your brain, Hap. You may need it when you get to be my age.

Terry

Comment

Working...
              X