Takes a while to warm up my GS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takes a while to warm up my GS400

I have a GS400T, which takes a long time to warm up. On some posting, I read that it should only take about 30 seconds before the engine is warmed up, but in my case I can let it run for about 5 minutes, and still if I rev it, it will begin to bog at about 3500 RPM. This symptom goes away after I drive it down the road, less than a quarter mile.
    I'm new to riding, so I don't know if this is normal. It doesn't cause a big problem, as I simply ride slowly for the first quarter mile, then I can rev as much as I'd like. I just want to know if this is the sign of a larger problem.
    Tom

warmed up in 30 seconds???/ LOL I don't think so.

it does sound like you are running a bit lean, adjusting the air screws will help this.

Comment

I used to have some problems with that, but I found a way to get mine to work properly in about 30 seconds. Not fully warmed up mine you, but so it doesn't die.

I start it with the choke on, let it idle for 20-25 seconds, then take it up to 3-4 grand RPM, then turn off the choke, and rev it a few times, and its gold

Comment

Hmmm, start up a cold engine and immediately rev it up before the oil pump has time to get oil to various parts. I dont think so.

Earl

Originally posted by spots25
        I used to have some problems with that, but I found a way to get mine to work properly in about 30 seconds. Not fully warmed up mine you, but so it doesn't die.

I start it with the choke on, let it idle for a few seconds, then take it up to 3-4 grand RPM, then turn off the choke, and rev it a few times, and its gold
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
          Hmmm, start up a cold engine and immediately rev it up before the oil pump has time to get oil to various parts. I dont think so.

Earl

Originally posted by spots25

I start it with the choke on, let it idle for a few seconds, then take it up to 3-4 grand RPM, then turn off the choke, and rev it a few times, and its gold
          i let it sit about 20-25 seconds before bringing it up to 3-4 grand. I suppose I should have been more specific.

Comment

Working...
          X