1981/82 gs1000s petrol?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981/82 gs1000s petrol?????????

Sorry to be a prat but does anyone know whether a 1000s on a Y plate runs on leaded or unleaded petrol as standard

82 should run fine on unleaded

Comment

Mine (in the pic) is an '81 model GS1000S and it loves unleaded, but prefers the high octane stuff. Cheers, Terry. :twisted:

Comment

From the 78 1000 gs on they all specify unleaded , or if unavailable low lead petrol. The min RON for my 78 1000 is 90.

Comment

Unleaded Fuel

I would have to agree on the choice of Premium unleaded.
          However, if you are worried about the lack of an upper cylinder lubricant which in the old Super petrol was an additive Tetra Ethyl Lead or Lead,
          then you could experiment with an additive (as I have with great results)
          REDEX Lead Replacement. One bottle, 500ml, cost about $7 and treats about 400ltres of fuel.
          If any body else has any experience with such additives I would appreciate the feedback.

Comment

i used some lead replacement additive once before but after reading the manual and what everyone seems to be saying i really dont think its necessary with the suzuki bikes around early 80's

Comment

Working...
            X