Whic is better-Haynes or Clymer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whic is better-Haynes or Clymer?

I need to buy a repair manual for my 78 GS750. Haynes or clymer?

I prefer Clymers the wiring diagrams are in color

Comment

manuals

:? I have had manuals on everything I've ever owned & by everyone including the factory ones.which can be as thick as a phone book & expensive as a $100. One thing I can say is they ALL fall short one way or the other. Not giving you enough information or giving you wrong information. That's been my experience for 30+years! But get a manual(any manual) anyway-then use this site for anything you aren't sure of. There is a wealth of information here-wish i hadn't lost my internet connection while I was restoring my carbs,would've saved a lot of time & effort.

Comment

Not Sure

I've never used the Haynes books but the Clymer's are not all that great. They are, for sure, better than nothing but they tend to leave out details that would be very helpful. Sometimes they also make assumptions regarding assembly steps that can cause a little confusion. :roll:
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

The Haynes books are not the "cats meow" either. I have the one for the 850 & 1000 shaft models. Should have bought one just for the 850s. I'm thinking it would have been better. Don't know for sure, just thinking that.

Comment

You actually found a Haynes manual? I was looking for one as a companion piece to my mostly worthless Clymer manual ( at least the wiring diagrams are in color). I thought maybe they might cancel out each others cluelessness. Oh well, at least my slightly used factory service manual will be on its way by the end of the week.

Comment

Both are a bit limiting. I have the original factory manual for my GS1000...but that was back from 1980 when they were affordable and available. nothing like all those special tool and part numbers for everything!

Comment

Working...
              X