Carb Swap-'77 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Swap-'77 GS750

Is it possible to use any rack of carbs as long as the opening is the same in diameter on the end that mounts to the intake manifolds, and the center to center distance is the same between each carb as the ones I want to replace?

No one knows the answer? Is it because I didnt say Hi, how yall doing first?

Comment

To try and anser your question The 77GS750 used the 26mm slide type carbs the later bikes used 32-34mm BS vacuum type carbs which are much bigger . You would have to make your own manifold adapters. Because of the small intake ports on the early GS
      there would be NO inprovement, It may even run bad. If you want preformance inprovements try and find aftermarket 29mm smothe bore carbs (getting scarce) Other option is to change to a later 80 up GS850/1000 cyl head assembly I personally like the slide carbs

Comment

No real point upping the carbs unless you have some engine mods to use it. Exhaust is the first thing, then how much do you want to spend? If you want heaps more power far easier and cheaper to get a bigger GS to start with.

Comment

For a little more carb, find a set of carbs from a pre 1978 Kawasaki KZ 900 or KZ 1000. They were 28's, and the best I can remember they will bolt right on with no modifications. Someone please correct me if this isn't correct.

Comment

Working...
          X