Clitch Sluppage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clitch Sluppage

I read using the search engine that wheelspin with the clutch in is normal. It is mild wheelspin that you would be able to stop with your hand.

On my bike, it rides fine but on the centerstand pulling the clutch in, the wheel will rotate with more power than I can stop with my hand. It appears to ride fine though. Just half a second of slippage when initially going into a gear accelerating. Do I need a new clutch?

No it should be fine

Comment

Yeah, thinking about it you are right, slippage is when the clutch cannot make contact with the motor so the wheel would not be turning at all. Thanks for reassuring. I will readjust everything to spec just to be sure

By the way the name of the subject was supposed to be "cl1tch sluppage" (1=i) but it caught the you-know-what in there

Comment

Originally posted by ZacharyB
        Yeah, thinking about it you are right, slippage is when the clutch cannot make contact with the motor so the wheel would not be turning at all. Thanks for reassuring. I will readjust everything to spec just to be sure

By the way the name of the subject was supposed to be "cl1tch sluppage" (1=i) but it caught the you-know-what in there
        Instead of clutch slippage....
        Kevin
        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Instead of clutch slippage....
          Yeah, I thought transposing the letters like linguistic mix up would be funny. I didn't even realized they were next to each other so it is a ligitimate typo. Ho ho hee hee Har har to the funny farm...

Comment

...They're coming to take you away!

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
            X