Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, need source for carb part

Hi

I have a GS850 GN with Mikuni VM 26 carbs fitted. Due to poor running on one cylinder I stripped the carbs and discovered the previous owner had snapped the end off one of the the pilot mixture screws (the ones under the float bowl).

I called my suzuki dealer they told me it isn't listed as a separate part, but I could buy a complete carb if I wanted..Ha

Can anyone help me find a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

You can try www.bikebandit.com or www.carbparts.com

Comment

re carb parts

Originally posted by CDNBandit
      Tried both of these but no luck

The problem is the pilot mixture screw was a 'do not adjust' part so Suzuki don't list it as a part. Check out any factory exploded drawing of the VM carbs, it's never shown.

Can anyone else help?

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Is the end of the broken screw still in the carb body? If so, then you need a new body. Trying to drill or remove them generally ruins the carbs jetting.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

time for Ebay

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
            Is the end of the broken screw still in the carb body? If so, then you need a new body. Trying to drill or remove them generally ruins the carbs jetting.
            Nope, the carb body is clear...

Comment

I could give a run down to the salvage yard, but it'd be hard pressed to be sure an find the right one, maybe I could give you their number? I've seen huge piles of mikunis there, just waiting for a loose screw!

bike works motorcycle salvage, in longmont

good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X