#2 carb..no its #3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#2 carb..no its #3!

been seeing alot of guys posting about vacuum line running to #2 carb it actualy goes to #3....sitting on the bike #1 is the left carb, hope this clears things up or it will make a good argument 8O

Re: #2 carb..no its #3!

Originally posted by rick romero
    been seeing alot of guys posting about vacuum line running to #2 carb it actualy goes to #3....sitting on the bike #1 is the left carb, hope this clears things up or it will make a good argument 8O
    which way do you face when you ride???? and what is the year and model of yout bike-- or maybe some green horn had the rack apart

Comment

my clymer manual clearly shows if you stand in front the bike #1 cylinder is on the right side, #1 and #2 carbs use the same vent #3 carb is the vacuum hookup and #4 is a vent , i have a 78 750ec

Comment

Must have a unique GS??????????

my clymer manual clearly shows if you stand in front the bike #1 cylinder is on the right side, #1 and #2 carbs use the same vent #3 carb is the vacuum hookup and #4 is a vent , i have a 78 750ec
        Rick,
        Not familiar with your particular yr. model GS, but ALL the GS's I've owned has the vacuum line to the petcock coming from the #2 intake(or carb) including the following:
        '78 GS550
        '81 GS750
        '80/81 GS750/1100
        '82 GS650
        '83 GS750(x2)

Comment

WELL AHLL BEE DOG BIT AND GATOR ET 8O 8O

Comment

Ok everyone make sure about what year you are talking about The older slide type carbs 79 or older the vacuum does connect to the #3 carb. The later BS type 1980 or newer vacuum carbs the vacuum line connects to the #2 carb

Comment

Just hook it up where you have the port for it. You won't be able to hook it up to #2 if it's on #3...

and vicee-versee.

"Now, is that on the driver's side or the passenger side carb?"

"Is that one of the Port carbs, or the starboard carbs?"

"When I stand facing North, my carb vaccum hose is facing West."

OK, OK...

:P

Comment

Working...
              X