Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handlebar change....Do I need all new controls???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handlebar change....Do I need all new controls???

Hi All,

Dumb question here....I don't like the amount I am leaning when I ride, and want to change the bars on my 77 GS 550 to different bars. I got a set that is marked 79 GS 550 and they are higher and longer. They feel great. The only problem is that the brtake line, the clutch and brake cable, and the starter electrical are too short.

What can I do????

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I can't guarantee this will work (maybe some others can), but if you search for front end parts off an "L" model 550 (on Ebay, for example)you'll find that they are typically longer than the standard model. Hypothetically they should be perfect replacements.

Good Luck,
    Steve 8)

Comment

It's gone now but on ebay earlyer they had a set of GS400 cables that were 10 inches longer than stock.

Comment

controls

The L models have really long cables (buck horn bars) and you will have a ton of extra to try and reroute, there are some auto houses that can be used but you need some one that is willing to help on that, in the store, There are universel cables available or contact the guy that sells the kits on ebay I know he lists many sizes for GS's and has good prices

Comment

It sounds like you got bars from a "L" model SO naturally you would need cables from an "L" setup Throtle & clutch cables are not that expensive so buy NEW The elect controls--- you can splice extra wire

Comment

Working...
          X