X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
    Originally posted by dallyr
    this website you found seems to be less expensive
    I found the Pirelli tires were cheaper at http://www.mawonline.com/pirelli.htm#Tires%20street.

Terry

Comment

Dennis Kirk will beat any advertised tire price (total cost - price and shipping) by a dollar.

Hap

Comment

Favorite Tires

I'm a Metzeler guy. I've got the same tires on both my 79 GS 750 L and my 75 Honda CB 750, and get good traction and excellent mileage. On the front, I run ME 33 Laser's. They come in Inch sizes, so I can get a perfect fit. On the back, I'm currently running ME 88 Marathon's (not ME880's). They are a touring tire, and they seem to last as long as the front. Of course, being a touring tire, they aren't as sticky as a sportier tire. But for commuting and weekend riding in the twisties (only slightly above the legal speed limit), they are fine. A buddy of mine always runs Metzeler "ME77 Perfect" on the back. That is a much stickier tire, but you'll only get 3 or 4 thousand miles out of it. The Marathons didn't come in the correct inch size for the suzuki, so I think I'm running 130's on the back. I originally thought they might be too wide, but the guy at Road Rider in San Jose, CA measured the 4.5 inch tire that was on the bike when I bought it, and it was almost identical in width to the Metzeler 130.

Comment

Working...
        X