Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprocket alignment tools & tips?

Hi all!

I am in the home stretch with my GS1000 project and now I need to make sure the sprockets line up front and rear. I don't have a lot of space to stick a metal ruler on the side of the rear sprocket to line it up with the front and I'm wondering what others here have used to check sprocket alignment and how you have made sure what you used was straight to begin with?

Thank you!

Jim

I use a Vernier Caliper to make sure the rear axle is aligned strait. Hard to explane, but I use it to compare how much each adjustment screw is on back of the swing arm.
    Then I give the back wheel a good spin and I look at the rear sprocket to make sure that its in the middle of the chain.

...now that I read your post again, it looks like you are actually looking to line up the front sprocket with the rear sprocket and not line up the chain on the rear sprocket.

Sorry for the confusion

Comment

Hey Gammer - The swingarm I'm using has concentric adjusters so I'm not worried about getting the rear axle straight. I need to figure out the spacer requirement for the front sprocket so that the front and rear sprockets are lined up.... I'm wondering if a "laser" level would work here? Someone must have figured out the best means of doing this by now.... Anyone??

Thanks!

Jim

Comment

Put the chain and sprockets on with the correct slack and get down on your knees and sight down the top of the chain from the back sprocket to the front. If they don't line up, you will see it.

Comment

Working...
        X