starter just clicks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starter just clicks?

hey there, i have been working on my 82 1100 lately, and last night i went to do some more work and then i found the starter only clicks when i press it, then the lights dim, i thought it might be the battery, so i charged it over night. what you guys think, battery might have gone on me? or what. thank you

new battery time

Comment

Could be the starter solenoid.

Comment

same thing happened to me yesterday after installing the freshly charged battery, the damn thing even started to smoke (the battery that is) I tightened the negative pole screws and wouldn't you know it turned over without a problem, could be that.
        good luck

Comment

Nick,
          The same thing happened to me. I checked the output of the relay, OK. I check resistance between the relay and the starter, OK. So I pull the starter, no brainer if you have small tools. Pulled the starter away from the engine and hit the start button and the starter goes round............So I remount it. Turn the key hit the start button and the bike fires right up. Go figure I guess the starter was just .......stuck.

Comment

When that happened to me, it was the starter solenoid. It started burning out fuses, which was when I knew it had a short.

Michael

Comment

Working...
            X