Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a GS, but a techincal question anyway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a GS, but a techincal question anyway.

I have a 1981 Kawasaki CSR 305. I went out for a ride today, kicked it out of neutral into 1st., then up into 2nd. and it stuck! The gear shifter is now stuck up in the second gear position, and I can't kicked it into any other gear or neutral! Help!!!

Hi, I don't know too much about bikes. Know car trans. I would try to roll it backwards with the cluch in, engine off, to see if I could get it unstuck. By popping the cluch to relieve pressure, as in put pressure in reverse. I know a dumb thought. Dave

Comment

(I have one of those for sale for $300 bucks, needs a shifter shaft and 2 coils)

I would do what Dave suggests, just rock it back and forth when it is off and try and just kinda work it.

Comment

Just a guess Broken shift detent spring

Comment

stuck

shift rachet under side cover or drum pin or spring on rachet lever in case

Comment

Tried rocking it back and forth. That was the first thing I did, but to no avail. I've been having a little trouble with it for awhile now, for example, when I'm in fourth and I start downshifting to stop, I have to kick it like 12 times before I can get it into first again. I'm starting to think it's the shift detent spring. But I'm hoping against hope as I don't want to have to tear into anything too much or unseal any gaskets to get to it. I guess I'm just lazy and hoping for a simpler solution. Thanks for the opinions.

Comment

Working...
            X