Is my bike lacking in power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my bike lacking in power

My dad has a 81 kz550 ltd and i have a gs550m. His bike seems to have more power than my bike does. I have tryed to get the hp ratings on both of them but can not find to much information. Both bikes are completly stock and his has 8000 miles and mine has 11000. My question is does his bike have more power or is some thing just not running right on mine. My bike runs great have but over 1000 miles on it and have not had a problem with it at all. Also i live in virginia and he is in north datoka will sea leval and air temp make much of a differance.

Thanks

Josh

kz550 50.00hp @ 8500 weighs 465 lbs
    GS550M (katana) 50.00 hp @ 9400 and weighs 489 lbs

Comment

Sea level

Usually, you should experience better performance on a properly tuned motor at sealevel, as the air pressure is greater.

SV

Comment

My guess being that his is a "ltd" cruser it may be geared lower than your 550. so it may run harder but not have the top speed of yours

Comment

fast

What Lynn says is correct and the kz is a more of a bottom end bike and may be faster to a certain speed and then you will start to pull on him also what is the weight diffence of the riders when I had a kawa 250 triple my buddy would be faster than me but he was 110lbs to my 170mph he had a daytona 250 yammy when we switched bikes he would beat me on my bike and me on his

Comment

Whew! All of that in one sentence. I gave up reading it after the third line.

Please, gee-s-is, use punctuation and capitals to help us old fogeys get through your posts.

Nick

Comment

Re: fast

Originally posted by Gee-s-is
              What Lynn says is correct and the kz is a more of a bottom end bike and may be faster to a certain speed and then you will start to pull on him also what is the weight diffence of the riders when I had a kawa 250 triple my buddy would be faster than me but he was 110lbs to my 170mph he had a daytona 250 yammy when we switched bikes he would beat me on my bike and me on his

Gee-s-is is saying that his friend would beat him on his own bike but Gee-s-is would beat his friend on his friend's bike, but when both of them wer eon their own then Gee-s-is would get beat

Comment

Translation is almost as poorly written as the original. I think I'll skip this "new English" now popular with young ones.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                X