'85 GS ..... what grade gas ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'85 GS ..... what grade gas ???

I have an '85 gs450 L and I was wandering what grade gas to use for this model bike.... also i took my plugs out to inspect and the left one was black and greasy and the right one was dry/crispy and like a rust color... any clues as to what my conditions might be with the plugs. i just got this bike running about 2 weeks ago... it had been sitting for 1 1/2 years

rosco

Re: '85 GS ..... what grade gas ???

The Clymer manual for my 84 gs450L specs an octane of 90 or higher - I'm not 100% though, I'd check but I'm in the process of moving so my book's packed in a box somewhere.

Sam

Originally posted by rosco
    I have an '85 gs450 L and I was wandering what grade gas to use for this model bike.... also i took my plugs out to inspect and the left one was black and greasy and the right one was dry/crispy and like a rust color... any clues as to what my conditions might be with the plugs. i just got this bike running about 2 weeks ago... it had been sitting for 1 1/2 years

rosco

Comment

thanks

thanks sam .... do you mind letting me know where you got your manual. I have a GS450 L ...... but it is a 1985 probably close to the same model as yours. It was manufactured late 1984.

Comment

Re: thanks

I got it from my favorite bike shop. Technically they're the Kawasaki dealer but they'll service anything. They ordered it in for me. It covers gs twins from '77 to '87.

Sam

Originally posted by rosco
        thanks sam .... do you mind letting me know where you got your manual. I have a GS450 L ...... but it is a 1985 probably close to the same model as yours. It was manufactured late 1984.

Comment

thx

thanks I will try that at a bike shop in town

rosco

Comment

hey Sam.... how many quarts of oil do you run in your '84 GS450 L. Just Curious, I need to change my oil and do not know how much to refill.

thx

Rosco :?

Comment

Working...
            X