'80 gs750 (cv)carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'80 gs750 (cv)carbs

well, i decided to go ahead and buy new carbs for my bike,was running vm26ss carbs, could never get them tuned to the tscc engine. does anybody have a pair of cv carbs for a 80' gs750 or know where i could get 1? thanks 4 all the help!

Ebay is your best bet to find carbs, How did you have the 26's mounted??
    Do you have a 2 valve or 4 valve motor??

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      Do you have a 2 valve or 4 valve motor??
      TSCC implies 4 valve, right?

Michael

Comment

already mounted

they were already mounted when i bought the bike. it has 4 valves=tscc.

Comment

I was wrong!

so i thought i had vm26ss carbs on my '80 gs750et, but after reading post and googling "vm26ss" i dont think ther vm26ss's. they are slide carbs i just dont know what kind they are. when i bought the bike the guy said he bought it w/no carbs on it and found a used set. he said they wore gs750 carbs but after researching i now know that there not cv's or vm26's. have pics of carbs just don't know how to post on forum or if u can![/img]

Comment

Re: I was wrong!

Originally posted by johnable
            so i thought i had vm26ss carbs on my '80 gs750et, but after reading post and googling "vm26ss" i dont think ther vm26ss's. they are slide carbs i just dont know what kind they are. when i bought the bike the guy said he bought it w/no carbs on it and found a used set. he said they wore gs750 carbs but after researching i now know that there not cv's or vm26's. have pics of carbs just don't know how to post on forum or if u can![/img]
            Send me some pics at r********@wanadoo.nl and I will put them up for you.

Comment

robinjo

robinjo, you have email! thanks

Comment

Re: robinjo

robinjo, you have email! thanks
                Yes I know.

[img]http://nl.msnusers.com/_Secure/0QwAAABcTsWhpBYMVUBSUnoY!Lvqc40Mis9AXi7oyMrahiVnTo f8mdZbpKnaEILjpVa*dHdomM6IfaukXafY2Z1D834bEkLG!FxU TowMP*BM/PICT0016.JPG?dc=4675480192300694675[/img]

[img]http://nl.msnusers.com/_Secure/0QwCz*xMTy2dpBYMVUBSUng05z*!hw3tRXuY5fmkeXzjw2CL1L XkTUhHp40wg!LUL!WCmS43b6tZS38rT2U36Pa7z8Q!3sdsTzPM o3c8uzEw/PICT0030.JPG?dc=4675480192308898063[/img]

Me thinks these are smoothbores?

Comment

Yes, those sure look like the coveted VM 29mm smoothbores. They will supply enough fuel for that motor I believe? Much more than the 26's.
                  I would'nt have a clue as to where to start the jetting. Clean em' up, check the various o-rings, find out the correct float height, make sure all the jets at least match, do a good manual synch' or vacuum tool synch if it will run stable. Then start testing and getting plug reads and go from there.
                  I'm suspicious of those home made manifolds though. Changing them is a good idea. I'm not sure if you'll find correct manifolds to mount them.
                  Some work ahead if you try to make them work. Might be a better idea to go with the stock CV's/manifolds and a jet kit w/K&N pods?
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Just wondered why the word sus-p-i-c-i-o-u-s got covered up? You guys know I would never cuss.
                    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

My guess is the included racial slur - S P I C

I've seen that happen before, and it took a while to figure out what aspect of a word 'it' didn't like...

Comment

thanks

i really appreciate all the help, what kind of bike did these carbs come off of?i am running v&h 4-1 pipes w/carb stacks on them and have them rejeted to 112 mains. it runs bad on lowend and great on highend, so should i raise the needles 2 settings, i think they are still in the stock settings. what do you mean by "home made" manifolds? the reason i ask is i thought they were store bought, don't know though? robinjo, how did u post these pics, i read f&q and it said photo was turned off in the forum?

i really appreciate all the help especially KEITH KRAUSE and ROBINJO!

Comment

Re: thanks

i really appreciate all the help, what kind of bike did these carbs come off of?i am running v&h 4-1 pipes w/carb stacks on them and have them rejeted to 112 mains. it runs bad on lowend and great on highend, so should i raise the needles 2 settings, i think they are still in the stock settings. what do you mean by "home made" manifolds? the reason i ask is i thought they were store bought, don't know though? robinjo, how did u post these pics, i read f&q and it said photo was turned off in the forum?

i really appreciate all the help especially KEITH KRAUSE and ROBINJO!
                          Those are either 29's or 33's. I don't remember if the 33's look any different from the outside. These were performance carbs sold seperately. They did'nt come on any models as far as I know. Parts are getting scarce I hear.
                          The stacks are not going to help your low end power any. I would go with some K&N's before jetting, but it's your bike. If your high end is great as you say, (I assume you mean 3/4 throttle and above) then I'd leave the mains alone. I would depend on present performance and plug reads at 1/2 throttle to decide how much to adjust the needles. If your plugs are white, I'd probably raise the needles 2 positions and re-test. If the pilot circuit is causing spitting or some low speed surging/hesitation, I'd go up on the pilot jet at least a step (2.5). Don't forget to vacuum synch the carbs after disturbing the needles. Very difficult to jet poorly synched carbs. If you still have floatbowl vent tubes attached, remove them. This helps the jets draw fuel easier.
                          Those manifolds look like hoses with clamps. I'd think it would be easy to get an intake leak with those. Look at some pic's of manifolds on your model.

Comment

which one do you think it is?

found a schematic, i think its a vm33(look at manifolds, vm33 has boots
                            for the manifold anvm29's don't)what do you think?

Comment

Re: which one do you think it is?

found a schematic, i think its a vm33(look at manifolds, vm33 has boots
                              for the manifold anvm29's don't)what do you think?

http://www.sudco.com/catalog/Page%20128-131.pdf
                              Nope. Those are 29's. Many differences. Your top covers match the 29's. So does the position of your rubber plugs that cover the ends of the throttle shaft. Look under them and you'll see the ends of the throttle shaft. The 33's are designed much differently.
                              I did'nt see what you're trying to show me regarding the proper manifolds. I still think the one's on your bike are home made.
                              Another interesting thing I noticed at that site, it says the throttle valve CUTAWAYS are supposed to be 2.0 for Suzuki's but I've always known them to be 1.5 for both Suzuki's and Kawa's. Honda uses different cutaways I've always heard. But that site says the Honda's and Kawa's use the same 1.5 cutaway and Suzuki uses the 2.0 I think that site is wrong. If you have the wrong cutaways, the bike will never run correctly. You need to verify what cutaways are in there before trying to jet. There should be a # on the throttle valve somewhere, probably on its bottom.
                              If those carbs are meant for a Honda, you'll never get them jetted. I think if your cutaways are stamped 1.5 you're good.
                              Check them out and then verify which cutaways go with which brands by contacting Mikuni or ? I could swear I'm right about this but you need to check.

Comment

Working...
                              X