Valve clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve clearance

1983 GS 1100 ESD 4 valve. What would be the correct clearance when setting the valve lash?...I left my manual at my friends house and he has gone away

0.07-0.12mm (0.003-0.005 in) according to my Haynes book.
    I set mine to a tight 0.15mm fit...

Comment

0.2mm inlet,0.3mm exhaust, after years of experimenting these setting were suggested by a drag racer and work beautfully for me.
      Dink

Comment

Valve clearance

If you are real fussy when you are checking the clearance use two feeler gauges, one for each stem of the rocker . This allows for slop in the rocker on the shaft. Like i said only if you are fussy.

Comment

Originally posted by biker66
          0.07-0.12mm (0.003-0.005 in) according to my Haynes book.
          That's what the Suzuki manual recommends too. 8)
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

You probably know this but adjust the clearances on a stone cold motor only. Turned off overnight is best.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Valve clearance

Thanks to all. As it turns out, I need to buy the extended length adjuster screws, as the ones I have (stock) are too short for my new cams. APE has some so I will order from them. Again, thanks for all of your help.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X