Carb sync and manometers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb sync and manometers?

Is it possible to use a single manometer on each cylinder one at time or does a seperate manometer have to be used all at the same time to sync the carbs?

I just need the # 3 cyl reading and then I can match all the rest, correct?

Thanks

Yes you can use a single manomter, BUT it is going to be very difficult and time consuming , also VERY prone to errors, I strongly suggest getting a set of four.
    Dink

Comment

Dink is right. I think you could get by with a single guage doing a synch on a twin, but with four cylinders, accuracy would be poor and it would be VERY time consuming to even get halfway close. I would not consider it. A four tube mercury carb stix is about $40 at cyclerecycle.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Now that I think about it, yes it would leave room for alot of error.
        I'm trying to find a four stick type in Canada, but I cant find any yet. I see there is a four tube mercury type from Dennis Kirk, but I have a feeling that it would have trouble making through customs because mercury is classified as dangerous material.
        If there are any Canadians who have ordered one with no probs from the US let me know?? 'cause I will order one from Dennis Kirk then.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gammer
          If there are any Canadians who have ordered one with no probs from the US let me know?? 'cause I will order one from Dennis Kirk then.

Thanks.
          I live in Calgary and ordered this one without any problems:

Carbtune motorcycle carburetor synchronizers;polycarbonate tool pouchs;for motorcyclists

Works great, and the people who make it seem like really good people to deal with.

Michael

Comment

You can get mercury ones through probably, MCD. They are, I believe Motion Pro. See your local motorcycle shop, a non-dealer, perferably. 8)
            Kevin
            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Any Bike shop

Originally posted by crwper
              Originally posted by gammer

Thanks.
              I live in Calgary and ordered this one without any problems:

Carbtune motorcycle carburetor synchronizers;polycarbonate tool pouchs;for motorcyclists

Works great, and the people who make it seem like really good people to deal with.

Michael
              Most motorcycle shops in Canada can obtain a simolar unit from the Motovan catalogue. I chose to order the Morgan Carbtune unit, as Michael did.

SV

Comment

Carbtunes are great. They will last forever. After having use vacuum guages for many years, the carbtunes make the job easy, quick and very accurate. They can also be used on newer bikes to do the throttle valve synch for EFI.

Comment

Working...
                X