Wrong Stator cover ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Stator cover ?

I'm having trouble getting a stator cover for my 1980 GS1100E. You know what I think I have a different engine then the one that is suppose to be in the bike. I have a 1980. But the cover that is on ebay is a 1983 and the fellow that is selling it says it is the same as the one I have. There is a picture of two side covers on my MSN website, there is a link at the bottom. The one on the left was one I bought off a guy that said it was off a 1980 and the one on the right is the one off my bike. This leads me to believe that the cover on my bike is the wrong one or the engine is a 1983.
    Any thoughts? Oh also the engine serial # is GS110X503192 if anyone has a list. I don't remember the frame #, but I do now that is is no where close to the engine # and I thought those 2 numbers should be close.

Don't know which is or should be the correct cover for your GS.
    I looked it up at www.bikebandit.com and the part # is 477011-001. That's the correct cover for a 1980 GS1100ET.

A 1983 GS1100ED/ESD has a different cover, at least it has a different part #: 477012-001.
    It should be stamped into the cover somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo
      I looked it up at www.bikebandit.com and the part # is 477011-001. That's the correct cover for a 1980 GS1100ET.

A 1983 GS1100ED/ESD has a different cover, at least it has a different part #: 477012-001.
      I thought about that but bike bandit's # are different the original #s

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hobbit
        Originally posted by jojo

I thought about that but bike bandit's # are different the original #s

Hmm, you're right! That must have changed when then redesigned their website; didn't realise it... Sorry about that...
        I have an original part # from a GS1100EX (81) cover though: 11351-49200.
        Not sure if the 80 model has the same cover....

Comment

Chuck, give the folks at Paul Miller Motorcycle an e mail.
          vintagesuzuki@attbi.com

Or call at 1-820-828-1220
          They are quite excellent at having and finding the old and obsolete parts for our bikes.And for a great price too 8O 8) 8) 8) :twisted:
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Thanks crag

Comment

mine has a 7 digit number on it, though I can't seem to read it in the picture I took of it when I had it off it looks like 1877-535 but don't hold me to it. Anyway, I think it's a newer engine then stock. I'm top bidder on the cover on ebay we'll see when I get it.

Comment

Working...
              X