GS550T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS550T

Does anyone have a parts 1981-82 GS550T? I want to get my seat reupholsted, but I need the old seatcover as a template. Mine is long gone. I tried reupholstering it myself 6 months ago and did a terrible job. If anyone has an old seat from a '81 (or '82) GS550T, would you mind removing the old upholstery and selling it to me? Yes, I'll pay $$ for it, even if it's junk. I need a template!
    Bryan

buy a replacement cover from jc witney they look and work well, do you still have the foam seat? any good marin/auto upolstery shop should be able to custom fab a seat for you as long as you have a seat pan.

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Re: GS550T

Originally posted by Totalrod2
      Does anyone have a parts 1981-82 GS550T? I want to get my seat reupholsted, but I need the old seatcover as a template. Mine is long gone. I tried reupholstering it myself 6 months ago and did a terrible job. If anyone has an old seat from a '81 (or '82) GS550T, would you mind removing the old upholstery and selling it to me? Yes, I'll pay $$ for it, even if it's junk. I need a template!
      Bryan
      I might have, minus a small patch from the back part in a few months, perhaps a year or more. I have to get mine re-covered, if I can I'll keep the major part of the cover for you minus the section at the rear that has the suzuki emblem etc, cause I want that patched onto the new seat cover.

But you should still have enough of the cover left for a pattern if you like.

I don't know how long from now that will be though. So see if First Timers hint helps any.

Amos

Comment

Re: Gs550T

Thanks Amos. I'm going to try one of the seatcovers from: http://www.motodepot.com

Bryan

Comment

Working...
        X