petcock pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

petcock pictures

Would somebody be able to help me and fully dissassemble a vaccuum petcock and post pictures to this message? This would be a great help for me to find a spring for the inside.

Any other suggestions?

Hey Craig. I bought a petcock rebuild kit on ebay and it should be here sometime this week. I'll try and see if I can borrow a buddies camera to document me taking it apart and putting it back together.

Comment

Kit

Craig,

You should be able to purchase a repair kit from the motorcycle dealers on Topsail Road. Just ask to see their Motovan catalogue, and look up the section on fuel parts. There are kits available for all the GS bikes for about $20.00. You'll have difficulty trying to match a spring otherwise.

SV

Comment

Here is a link to graphic disassembly of a pet cock.

Michael

Comment

KFC

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! Me want fried chicken.

Comment

Thanks guys:

VermontNewbie - if you could get me a picture of the spring as well as measurements it would be much appreciated.

sv650 - I have already purchased a petcock repair kit, which does not include the spring. I don't know of anywhere here in NF to get small compression springs. Thanks anyway.

Craig

Comment

I hope this is the type you are looking for:

Comment

thanks Harry for the pic, but I have finally located a spring from a local hardware store. Things like that are not easy to find in newfieland.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                X