Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dumb ass question

Heres one for ya.
    1983 GS750es, I bought the damn thing from someone who seemed to less than me about bhuilding the bike and I am missing all sorts of bolts and hoses.
    WHAT HOSES AND WHERE DO THEY GO ON UNDER THE GAS TANK!!!,
    I know this seems like a stupid question but I don't have the manual yet and I have only two hoses and three out puts under the tank two in the fuel switch and one across under what seems to be a vacum pump attached to the underside of the tank.
    On the carbs I have three in takes two larger ones on one soide and one small one on the other that seems to be the fuel in take, also I a hav a hose coming from the bottom of carb row.
    Please help!!!!

Well, I'll take a guess. There's a small hose that attaches to the fuel gauge unit under the tank. It's for fuel leaking if the units gasket fails. Route this so the fuel would spill away from the engine. The fuel valve has 2 outlets. The smaller outlet is for the vacuum hose. This should attach to the nipple on the left side of carb #2. The larger outlet is for the fuel line. This should attach to the "T" fitting between carbs 2 and 3. Any other nipples on either the sides or upper areas on your carbs are for floatbowl vent tubes. These should be routed so they are not kinked or blocked. Most people run them under the seat. Lastly, there are 4 small overflow tubes, 1 for each carb that mount to a nipple under the floatbowls. Route these so the fuel will spill directly on the ground.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Ok, there are 4 tubes total.

1 attaches to the 'Vacuum Pump' it's actually the fuel guage sending unit, and the hose is just a vent, or over flow tube, just route it down behind the engine somewhere.

Another hooks on the front center of the tank in the tunnel, this is just a vent, and can be routed with the other hose.

The small hose that hooks to front of the carburator is the vacuum hose that connects to the small nipple on the petcock.

The final hose is the fuel line that connects to the big nipple on the petcock, and the other end connects to the back side of the #3 carb, down near the float bowl.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Fuel hose venting or over flow

Remember to route the over flow hoses away from the engine but also remember not to direct any possible over flow directly where they could spill under your rear tire causing you a very dangerous and scarey loss of traction when you may need it the most.

Randy

Comment

Working...
        X