Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1000 L fuel problems

Hello all,

I have had my bike for 3 years and this is the first year I have been able to work on it. A friend had to give it up (the wife hates bikes) it sat in his garage for a years before I got it. Total down time of four years. I pulled it out and got the bike running, still doing some work to it, I have been riding around on shot little hops about 3 miles give or take. well I put it in the shed about two weeks ago do to rain, well I got the bike out Saturday and could not get it to start, got off the bike and noticed that gas was running out, well the first thig I thought was a hose had gone bad, well I didn't find any bad hoses. When I said the fuel was running out it allmost emptied the tank or 2.5 gallons in about 3 or 4 seconds. I took the tank off and everthing looks good, but when I put the tank back on last night the same thing happened only it was dark out and I could not see where the fuel came from. I figure I will have to pour fuel in and see where it is coming from but I wanted to seeif anything like this has happened to any of you before.

Rustolioooooooooooliooooooooo....

Dm of mD

Comment

If you didn't have the petcock on Prime by accident then
      you definitly have a petcock problem.

You also have either a stuck float, float needles that aren't seating
      properly or bad seals on the seat(s).

You better smell the oil in your crankcase to see if it smells like gas.

Gods Peace
      Mo

Comment

I did have the petcock on prime, that is the way I start it when it sets for a couple of days. As for the oil in the crank case I will look to see and I hope that is not the case. If it is I will scrap the rest of the season so I can start the tear down so I can rebuild and paint.

Thanks

Marv

Comment

Even on Prime all the gas shouldn't leak out.
          As I said before, Check these:

You also have either a stuck float, float needles that aren't seating
          properly or bad seals on the seat(s).

Peace
          Mo

Comment

Working...
          X