First gs750 question what model??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First gs750 question what model??

Hi Just got an old gs750 as a project (just want to learn a little of how a bike actually works) I have a clymers manual on the way and need to order a good many parts to get it road worthy. I am not getting the model though. It is a 1982 gs 750 but not sure of the letter that should come after it. I keep seeing e, es, f, l, and so on. The engine marking begins with gs 75x does this make it the base or e model??? Any help appreciated. And believe me I will post a ton more on here.

I think there were E, L, and T models in 1982 (E and T for sure). Is there no marking on the side covers that indicates which style it is? IIRC, the T model has a single front disk and a drum rear brake, not sure what the other changes were. The L model is a bit more cruising oriented, and I believe it has a leading front axle. There is also a year descriptor after the style identification, and that's 'Z' for 1982 models, i.e. an 1982 GS750E is a GS750EZ.

Comment

There are no side covers on this bike so not able to get a clue that way. It is a single disc left side and drum rear.

Comment

That would make it an 82 model 750T - or GS750TZ ...

I'm currently converting mine to a cafe special!! 8)

Comment

Thanks Mark that is my plan also. It already has a sort of cafe line to it when you look at it from the side so it only makes sense. Steve

Comment

One little bit of advice - when ordering manuals, parts etc., make sure you specify that you have the 4 valve 750 engine - not the ever prolific 2 valve 750 engine ... the parts are not interchangeable. 8)

Comment

Working...
            X