Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whadya call them shiny round covers on the sides of our eng?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whadya call them shiny round covers on the sides of our eng?

I have been missing one of the four side chromed covers on my engine since I got the bike, but now another one has lost a screw and I just took it off. What should I call these things if I'm looking for them?? anybody got some you don't need/want? I'm not much for shiny chromy pieces, but I do love symmetry!!

all this in the name of chasing down all those loose nuts and bolts that make my bike sound like a blender!! little buzzes and rattles all over, got one when I realized the weld holding my heat shield on one muffler had broken, leaving a screw and it's "nut" buzzing around. Kinda like it better, as the tiny hole in the pipe actually changes the sound!!!

any other thoughts/experiences with loose sh'ite on the engine?

They are fondly referred to as Camshaft end covers ... you can go to www.bikebandit.com and look at their exploded parts diagrams for more accurate information ... 8)

Comment

Watch out for those things. People like to steal em.
      Makes me glad I have the TSCC engine.

Dm of mD

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101

Dm of mD
        Those are stolen too!! 8) 8)

Comment

yeah, I'd like to catch the guy with the 90 degree bent phillips out there for half an hour trying to get the b!tch off!!! I thought the boss'd see me working on my bike in the lot for sure!!! 8O

thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaftzuki
            Originally posted by Detman101

Dm of mD
            Those are stolen too!! 8) 8)
            Ah crud. I'm going to paint mine flat black like the rest of the bike so no one wants em. It;s the chrome that attracts the idiots I tell ya.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
            X