Helmet ...... HJC ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet ...... HJC ???

I am going to buy a helmet soon and I was wandering what you guys thought of HJC??

HJC AC-11

Is this a good price, or is the flip up the way to go??

Rosco

I don't know about pricing, but HJC has a very good reputation, and all their helmets are relatively affordable. I'm trying out a Sy-max flip up, so far I like it a lot, looks like I'm going to keep it.

Comment

Of my 4 helmets 3 are HJC. Not that I purposly went for HJC, but just seemed to be good price and features.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hotblack

whats the difference besides cost ... in the HJC CL-Max and the HJC SY-Max.

Rosco

Comment

Just something to keep in mind, if you drag race, you can't use a flip up legally, none are SNELL rated. Beyond that, try them on, find one that fits. I just got a AGV GP1, great helmet, has all the ratings, quick release shield, and some of the best vents I've seen. It's a bit closer to my chin then the HJC's are, but other then that seem to fit about the same.

Comment

I have a 3yo HJC something-12 or 12-something. I dunno, it's pretty much their basic helmet. Anyway, I can't really tell the difference when the vents are open or closed, and the shield pops open when I shoulder check over 60mph.

Comment

I have the flip up .....its a great lid.....THough Im used to the SHoe, with the mini seat belt looking fastner, this HJC flip up helmet is NICE

Comment

Re: Helmet ...... HJC ???

Originally posted by rosco
                I am going to buy a helmet soon and I was wandering what you guys thought of HJC??

HJC AC-11

Is this a good price, or is the flip up the way to go??

Rosco
                Price is about right. Flip ups are not approved for track use, but my sons and I have used HJC's(LT-12s,20s,AC-10s) for several years roadracing and on the street. Some that know us well would argue that we have all had some kind of brain injury, but it's not because of the lack of protection from the helmets Good values can be found purchasing discontinued models(which I usually do). The model that the AC-11 replaced was the AC-10 and these can be found as low as $50 NIB(new in Box) around the net.

Comment

Our last three helmets (my wife and I) have been HJCs. I've found that fit, comfort, and quality have been top-notch, as good as Shoei at a fraction of the cost.

If you know your size, this place has excellent prices and a huge inventory. I would recommend calling to see what's in stock and place your order. Sometimes their web site doesn't work so well, but they're excellent people to deal with and the prices are rock-bottom.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I bought a new HJC AC-10 a few months ago (yes one of those $50 web things), I love it!!!!!! Fits me great, sheild stays put (if you go on their website, they talk you through the flipping up sheild problem if you have it), pretty quiet, and one of the best parts...light! Way lighter than their CL or CS helmets.

As for www.motorhelmets.com I'll take a pass. My experience with them was not favorable. They kept putting off the shipping date of the helment 2 weeks at a time saying none were available. I finally went to a local independent shop, and he said "yeah I can get you one it 4 days..." ended up being 3 days! This was for a Candy Red CL33 (bowling ball helmet) for my wife. The shop said there were three warehouses for HJC helmets in the US and 2 had it in stock...grrrrrrrr! I waited 1.5 months before I moved on...

Kenny

Comment

I have the HJC Symax flip up and I love it. It's a great helmet for the money. Mine is black. Exactly like the one in this picture.

The main diff between this one and the CL Symax is the vents.

Comment

I have an HJC AC-11. Other than having to spoon the forehead aera a little it's a great helmet. I've worn it for more than 3hrs at a streach. I wear a t-shirt sleave over my head to keep hair and stuff from getting in it.. and to stop the dreaded folded ear syndrome.

I paid $199 for mine at a brick and mortar store. If you look online, you can find them as cheap as $150.

the AC-11 is their composite helmet. the CS-12 has simmilar features but is heavier.

The AC-11 is both DOT and Snell. I think the CS-12 is as well. there are several other models that are just DOT. The "just" DOT helmets come in at under $100 at many places.

I've never seen a bad review of a HJC helmet.
                        You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
                        If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
                        1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
                        1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
                        1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
                        1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
                        1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

My wife & I both have HJC's. C-5 open face for warmer weather & SY-MAX, for colder weather. No complaints with them at all. The SY-MAX, with the flip-up face, have quite a bit more wind noise than the BMW helmets we were replacing, that also had the flip-up face, but the BMW's cost apprx 3 times more than the HJC. For the money, we're tickeled to death.

Comment

Working...
                          X