Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carb rebuild kit for 1979 GS425, one more time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb rebuild kit for 1979 GS425, one more time!

All,
    I really need a carb rebuild kit for my 1979 GS 425 . Can anyone help? I can't believe that I am the only one on this list with a 425 with carb issues. Dealers, aftermarket, anyone? Everyone claims that all parts are NLA.
    What a waste of a nice GS, just sitting in the garage after a botched dealer repair attempt.
    Thanks,
    Kent

Re: Carb rebuild kit for 1979 GS425, one more time!

What size Mikuni carbs does the bike use? It is a twin carb bike right?

Earl

Originally posted by saablook
    All,
    I really need a carb rebuild kit for my 1979 GS 425 . Can anyone help? I can't believe that I am the only one on this list with a 425 with carb issues. Dealers, aftermarket, anyone? Everyone claims that all parts are NLA.
    What a waste of a nice GS, just sitting in the garage after a botched dealer repair attempt.
    Thanks,
    Kent
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Clymer says it's Mikuni BS 34 (CV). Same for all 400s, 425s, and 450s 1977-1982.

Michael

Comment

Re: Carb rebuild kit for 1979 GS425, one more time!

Originally posted by saablook
        All,
        Thanks,
        Kent
        Was the service ordered by you? If so, you have a right to a correctly done job. The BBB is your friend. Dealers are minions of Satan and are evil to the core. In your case, they are also, irresponsible and stupid. Get on their case until they fix it right! The law is on your side, man!

Michael

Comment

Then the gaskets, "O" rings and float needle assembly would be the same for all BS34 carbs and the only difference for that model could be jet sizes.
          So he can order any carb rebuild kit for a bike that uses BS34 carbs. The jets can be simply soaked in carb dip overnight and reused. If new jets are needed, cyclerecycle (under misc carb parts) has a listing for ordering just jets. I know 1980 and newer GS750's use the BS34 carbs. There are others, but I am not positive which ones.

Earl

Originally posted by mopolopo
          Clymer says it's Mikuni BS 34 (CV). Same for all 400s, 425s, and 450s 1977-1982.

Michael
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Mopolopo and all,
            Thanks,
            Let me try this information out, and I'll post my results.
            Kent

Comment

Working...
            X