Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay the coil I got works... now on too last issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay the coil I got works... now on too last issue...

So one exhaust pipe is alot hotter than the other, and I have bad throttle response and it pops occasionally. This just means carb sync correct>?

Oh and one more thing. I got a petcock repair kit and after I put it in it leaked more than before :roll: I don't know what I'm missing here =]

Well I got to the bottom of the petcock. Loose bolt :twisted:

Comment

Can I do any kind of manual tuning to make it atleast stay running? When use the throttle it stumbles like crazy!

Comment

You've cleaned the carbs thoroughly, right? If not, all bets are off.
        Air leaks at the boots that attach to the carb, in the air box, and exhaust leaks all are possible suspects for the problem you describe.
        You've got the appropriate air filter in there, right? Too much or too little air flow due to an improper or rotted air filter element will cause you grief.
        You've got a 1977, so points might be an issue. What about the timing?
        All these things have to be verified, otherwise you're just shooting in the dark.

Comment

I have no airbox cover but I made one with duct tape =\ There is no intake boot leak I've done several wet tests.

Comment

New data: Plug on colder exhaust pipe is oil fouled and plug on the hot side is black ... too rich.

Er maybe not oil fouled. It's black and shiny.

Comment

Working...
            X