Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts Interchange Database? The start of a concise refrence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts Interchange Database? The start of a concise refrence.

Well, I keep seeing simmilaritys in the GS series of bikes. I was wondering what parts are easily swappable.

For example, what I ran across today was what brakes could swap where on what bikes. I think the conversation was about a shaftie 850. And it was noted that there were newer brake calipers that woudl fit, and that the brake disks of any year were fittable. so you could go to drilled brakes without a concern.

And it was also noted that the 1000 engine could be fit so long as it was the complete engine, not just the block. (you needed the carbs and intake boots for the 1000)

I'm most specially interested in what "bigger and better" things can be easily swapped onto my GS500 ;-) But I think this would be usefull for everyone who has a GS and wants it as good as it can be.

So. What wheels easily swap? What front ends easily swap? (I've heard mention of gsx750 front ends on gs's....) What brakes easily swap? Swingarms? It's been mentioned that 530 chain and GSXR sprokets fit.

I'm happy to keep a webpage of information. Just give me three or four articles to start and I'll host it on my webserver. simple, concise.. and accurate.
    You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
    If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
    1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
    1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
    1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
    1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
    1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Parts....

Damn good idea,go for it! I believe the 19" front wheel on my 79 550 fits most GSs,and I know the rear calliper fits right across the range.Apart from electrical parts that's all I can think of just now.

Comment

For a start

Solid rotors and slotted ones interchange, but not single and dual

A GSX1100 engine fits nicely into a GS750 as does a GS1000 engine

GS750 wheels fit into a GS1100S

A GS1100 swingarm fits into a GS1000

Comment

So, I read that the GSX1100 and GS1000 engines will swap into the 750 frames.... But I need confirmation on this..

Comment

Originally posted by Nerobro
          So, I read that the GSX1100 and GS1000 engines will swap into the 750 frames.... But I need confirmation on this..
          How's this for proof? :twisted:

GS7/12

Comment

Just some items I know do swap

A GT750K front spoked wheel fits a GS1000..the hubs are the same, as are many hubs throughout the GS range..

Rear spoked wheels do swap for mag ones, but one of the rear spacers is different.

The GSX11000 engine goes in the GS1000 (and vice versa) but you need the engine mount off the other bike. One of them is straight rather than curved, but I always forget which!

The speedo drive unit off a 18" GS swaps to a GS1000 when swapping to an 18" spoked front wheel..makes the speedo read correctly.

Comment

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...opic.php?t=155 An idea of what regulators fit the bike. :-)

Comment

as mentioned on oldsuzuki.info

Wheels and forks

- You can fit any Suzuki front end to any Suzuki frame no problem, so fitting a GSX1100S with a GSX-R1000 front end requires a headbearing change at most.

- CBR600 fit this picture also, straight fit, but don't know about any other models because most GSX owner treat Honda's like the plague (and rightly so ;-)
                Kwacker front ends should be quite easy too.

Comment

wheel fitment

Comment

GS750e intake boots do NOT fit a GS650g.... anybody need some GS750e boots?

I did, subsiquently, find that GS650g boots fit the GS650g....oddly enough.

Comment

Maybe someone good tell me what tanks will fit on My 78 GS750E. MIne is really bad inside and I think it will be easier to just replace it. I realize that the tanks from the 76-79 models, but are there differences between the 550E, 650E, 750E, 850, 1000E. If someone knows that would greatly help my ebay search for a decent tank.

Thanks, Allen

Comment

Working...
                      X