Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever mod in a single air filter instead of our box??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone ever mod in a single air filter instead of our box??

maybe this should be in performance, but I was thinking about it yesterday as I found that my new foam would be 25 to 30+ dollars, what if I replaced that whole box (before the four way splitter) with one of those shiny chromed harley looking cone air filters?? I would imagine it would need some work to get the intake flow right, maybe some constrictors or some such, but just in case, has anyone ever done this yet??

thanks for any info!!

Kinda like this?

Comment

yeah, but with a rounder head so it slips in easier! 8O

but that's sorta the jist of it

hmmm... might take care of the seat upholstery problem too!

Comment

Suzuki put a lot of engineering into many of theit air boxes. I think a lot more into air flow than into making it easy to get the carbs off & on. There is no doubt you can get more air to your engine, or can make it much easier to get the carbs off & on, but in my opinion, except for pretty hot hopped up engines, it's hard to beat Suzuki's stock air intake system

Comment

Behold the great phallic glory of the cone intake.

Michael

Comment

Air Filter

Hello to all. I have already done such a mod if you care to have a look go to http://groups.msn.com/SuzukiGS1000sredones and have a peep at the pics. Hope you enjoy. You will have to hold down the battery with large rubber bands or zip ties as to not let the battery jump around as the standard air box holds it in place.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips
              Suzuki put a lot of engineering into many of theit air boxes.
              Engineering? Those airboxes are about as resonate as a cracked beercan...

Comment

another thing I just remembered, the opening from the airbox to the, well the second airbox with the filter (?), is a big oval, is it possible to get a filter that shape?

I agree that things work pretty well as made, but I get off on tangents sometimes that there's just no helping... and my box has been opened and closed so many times that the bottom slider is lost, and doesn't even fit anyway, the foam is old and doesn't fit quite right after the last washing. I'm probably at risk of clogging the carbs at any point!

I guess I'll just have to see what I come across, maybe one'll fall off a harley someday and I'll be set!

Comment

Working...
                X