I dentifi my katana!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dentifi my katana!

My friend have me his motorcycle. He told me it was a 1983 katana 1100 but. when I look on the internet all the 83 1100 katanas don't have the full ferrin. I don't know what model it is. I know is a GS.

Re: I dentifi my katana!

Originally posted by CROBA
    My friend have me his motorcycle. He told me it was a 1983 katana 1100 but. when I look on the internet all the 83 1100 katanas don't have the full ferrin. I don't know what model it is. I know is a GS.
    Can you post a picture of the bike?

Comment

Mayb Meskito nows.

Michael

Comment

This one is for sale over here for quite some time. It's an 84 1100S Katana, Italian import the seller claims. Very rare, never seen one like this before... Does your bike look like this one?

Comment

JoJo believe it or not that is actually a Katana! somewhere under all that other cr@p that has been hung on it. That is owner modified, although I cannot for the life of me understand why you would!!!
          Croba it is very likely that yours is indeed an 83 Katana 1100, the full fairing is probably an aftermarket one, easily removed.
          Dink

Comment

Originally posted by jojo
            This one is for sale over here for quite some time. It's an 84 1100S Katana, Italian import the seller claims. Very rare, never seen one like this before... Does your bike look like this one?

Yeah very nice one that... :roll:

First saw it advertise at 950, then it was gone and then relisted at 1800 or so! 8O Probably new owner, he's down to 1600 last time I checked :twisted:

Comment

JoJO I don't have a picture of my katana, becaus I took it apart to pait the frame.But. I found one that looks like mine. this bike is a 84 GSX 1100 S katana. Im not to good with loading pictures. so Here is the web site[/img]http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=17898 I don't know if I answer my own question but the pink slip of the katana has it as 83 katana Thanks!

Comment

here is the picture (deeplinked :? from www.bikez.com):

looks very similar.

-----

on a side note, I'll bet that first bike has been dropped... which would explain the body mod..

(sorry about 50 edits, I had more type-o's in this post than any literate person should)

Comment

So the full ferin is a aftermarket or is it factory. thak you

Comment

Croba dude PM me with your VIN number off the headstock, I will tell you exactly what it is, and when it was made.
                    If it has a full fairing like the photo it is definetely aftermarket, Suzuki never offered anything like that for the mighty Kat.
                    If your is an 83 model, it is a GSX1100SD, anywhere except North America, in North America it is a GS1100SD.
                    Dink

Comment

If you are lucky all they have done is put on an aftermarket lower fairing..apart from the pipes that is! Quite a few places offered fairing lower to complete the look..or ruin it in others opinion (including mine)

Comment

Working...
                      X