running lights mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running lights mod?

Has anyone here ever done a mod to put running lights on a GS?

Michael

capacity

I don't think I'd want to after reading that the GS charging system is close to maxed out. Maybe if you could replace the origonal lights with LED's but that leads to a bunch of other problems....Mike

Comment

Well, since most of us have the upgraded Electrex electrical system, it might not be a problem...

Good point though...

Michael

Comment

Later GS's had running lights standard.

Comment

Done it on my FJ1100...what do you need to know? You should be able to pick up a 2 wire socket insert and a couple of 1157LL's at your local NAPA. Then you just need to spice into headlight switch power (not high or low beam for you will only have running lights in 1 or the other position) and there you have your running lights.

As for power of two 1157 low filament bulbs...what are they 2 to 3 watts apiece, (2*3 watts)/12volts=amperage...so .5 amps for both? Boy the system should be able to support that.

Kenny

Comment

running lights

Dohhh, I was thinking driving lites, they'd draw a bit more. Geesh, never said I was the brightest bulb on the tree :-)....Mike

Comment

Originally posted by KennyJ
              Done it on my FJ1100...what do you need to know? You should be able to pick up a 2 wire socket insert and a couple of 1157LL's at your local NAPA. Then you just need to ####e into headlight switch power (not high or low beam for you will only have running lights in 1 or the other position) and there you have your running lights.

As for power of two 1157 low filament bulbs...what are they 2 to 3 watts apiece, (2*3 watts)/12volts=amperage...so .5 amps for both? Boy the system should be able to support that.

Kenny
              The biggest hitch I encountered while thinking about this was the multi-element housing. But I guess I could just stick a couple extra bulbs in my present turn sig housing.

Michael

Comment

Working...
              X