Hannigan hook up query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hannigan hook up query

Settin up a newly painted Hannigan Fairing on the 79 850. Fits fine ,had a paint job sorted through the other guys wiring and now.... has a radio and separate clock Im wondering if this should be routed through the spare fuse box. Can the system handle this extra as it is? How do I hook up the extra box (yes, even basic wiring still confuses me) Any one have some guidlines to electrically guide me through this? Thanks

Well not really knowing your electrical diagram, I would wire the extra fuse box directly to the positive post of the battery. Connect the radio and clock in line with the fuse. Power will be supplied to the radio and the clock at all times, so make sure you turn them off after you ride.
    Good Luck!

Comment

I agree about hooking it up to the battery. Run inline fuses and locate them inside your fairing.

Comment

hannigan hook up

How would I wire the fuse box to battery though? Just one wire from the positive terminal? The fuse box has a pos and neg. Like I said even basic wiring eludes me I also want to be sure cause this bike seems to have a really shaky electrical system Thanks for the replies..

Comment

Working...
        X