Big Gas Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mopolopo
    Don't be discouraged. Your contact with a money-grubbin dealer has you thinking that you have to throw money at the problem. The problem is still your floats or petcock.

So where, exactly, is this gas coming from?

Michael
    gas is comming out the air intake part of the carb and dumping the gas into the air box.

Comment

cmorin543, your problem is float related or the float valve needle(s) are not sealing.
      First, you have to clean everything related to fuel flow or you'll get nowhere. The tank, petcock and fuel passages to the float needle valves must all be cleaned and if you have rust particles, the tank must be repaired.
      I think your problem is just junk stopping the valves from sealing, but with the carbs off I would inspect the valves for wear. Make sure the needle end does'nt have a groove worn into it or a weak/broken spring. Also be sure any o-rings are there and in good shape. Check one carb at a time and don't mix the valves with other valves. Each valve and its seat wear as a unit.
      You can also check the floats for free movement and condition. Also check the float heights.
      If you clean EVERYTHING and check/adjust or replace any float related parts as I said, your bike will stop leaking.
      PS: When the bike is RUNNING, a failing petcock will not cause the carbs to overflow.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
      X