Pilot Jet cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot Jet cleaning

How can you tell if you need to replace the Pilot Jets? I have removed mine out of the carbs and cleaned them with carb cleaner. They are the CV type so they have only 1 inlet passage. Should I replace them or go with it?

Re: Pilot Jet cleaning

If you have cleaned them, I see nothing to be gained by replacing them.

Earl

Originally posted by helipilot32
    How can you tell if you need to replace the Pilot Jets? I have removed mine out of the carbs and cleaned them with carb cleaner. They are the CV type so they have only 1 inlet passage. Should I replace them or go with it?
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Well, that's what I say too. Others have said "you just as well should replace them because you can't get all the rust out of them."
      They look / flow ok to me.

Comment

Clean is clean. Ol or new, that means there is no obstruction. :-) Besides, brass doesnt rust. heh heh heh

Earl

Originally posted by helipilot32
        Well, that's what I say too. Others have said "you just as well should replace them because you can't get all the rust out of them."
        They look / flow ok to me.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

EUREKA!!! Man I tell ya brilliance is everywhere!!! You Da man Earl!!! An update on my project. Im in the process of cleaning the tank(Rust removal) with a product from Sudco called "Rustol". It worked great for the first 12 hours and then disaster struck. I checked the tank the next morning and rust was everywhere. A ticked me and a call to Sudco was in order. They said your not suppose to use the 10:1 ration but the 5:1 is best. They were nice enought to send me a free bottle so today it will get another wash. Carbs, after an entire supersize can of carb cleaner, and new needle and seats, it's time to go back together. I tell ya I just might make it before the snow fly's!

Comment

Working...
          X