82 GS1100GK factory fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1100GK factory fairing

I'm trying to figure out a way to deflect as much heat off my legs as I can. Since a good deal of my riding is to and from work in 90F plus weather (north Texas spring and SUMMER) I'm thinking about an aftermarket fairing. Any experiences in this area or do I just pretend I'm on a seasonal weight loss program? :roll:

If you have case savers (engine guards) installed, mount a pair of foot pegs on them. Keeps the legs cool, and is comfortable. Another fairing is not going to help, really. Works on my GK wonderfully.

Comment

Pegs

Thanks Tim. Just so happens I got a set of (chrome Suzuki) foot pegs with it. Just have to brave the hot storage building to drag them out. Was wondering if that would help. I've been working on this bike since it was given to me last spring and want it to appear a factory stock.

Comment

it helps to take off the lower portion of the fairing too,if you are so inclined....

Comment

Yes, great idea also, they remove with 5 screws, and do not effect the bike in any negative way.

Comment

OH YEAH -- TAKING THE LOWERS OFF DOES MIRACLES FOR "THE BOYS!"

I rode from the Chicago area down to Browne County, Indiana with a Vetter fairing and lowers in 90 degree heat and they were directing ALL of the engine heat right to the family jewels -- I had to take them off less than halfway down to southern Indiana and the difference was like night and day!

I'll say this much, when cool weather riding comes back in the fall I'm gonna be VERY happy to put them back on!

Regards,
            Steve 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy

I rode from the Chicago area down to Browne County, Indiana with a Vetter fairing and lowers in 90 degree heat and they were directing ALL of the engine heat right to the family jewels -- I had to take them off less than halfway down to southern Indiana and the difference was like night and day!

I'll say this much, when cool weather riding comes back in the fall I'm gonna be VERY happy to put them back on!

Regards,
              Steve 8)

Geez -- sounds painful!!

SV

Comment

Originally posted by sv650
                Originally posted by Planecrazy

Regards,
                Steve 8)

Geez -- sounds painful!!

SV
                Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Let's just say I've had more pleasant rides than the beginning of THAT one! 8O

Steve 8)

Comment

Working...
                  X