It sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sucks

I have a 79 1000L I have 4 vents to atmosphere from the carb bowls, one vacum hose from #2 carb to fuel crapcock,1 hose from ank sending unit to atmosphere, one hose from carb to crapcock fuel feed a hose coming from the center of carb 2 and 3 that has a vacum pulse when idleing and also is kind of belled at the end as if it has been plugged on to some thing and a hose from between carb 3 and 4 that is vent to atmosphere that has no pulses from it but also is bell at the end as if mounted to some thing any one know what the last 2 hoses should be pluged into if any thing?

Re: It sucks

Originally posted by Gee-s-is
    I have a 79 1000L I have 4 vents to atmosphere from the carb bowls, one vacum hose from #2 carb to fuel crapcock,1 hose from ank sending unit to atmosphere, one hose from carb to crapcock fuel feed a hose coming from the center of carb 2 and 3 that has a vacum pulse when idleing and also is kind of belled at the end as if it has been plugged on to some thing
    That's the fuel supply from aforementioned crapcock. I don't think it's supposed to have a vacuum pulsation. Dunno bout that.

and a hose from between carb 3 and 4 that is vent to atmosphere that has no pulses from it but also is bell at the end as if mounted to some thing any one know what the last 2 hoses should be pluged into if any thing?
    ??

Michael

Comment

nope

nope its not fuel supply that is hooked up already and working

Comment

I'm pretty sure what I'm talking about is the fuel feed. Where does the thing you're talking about connect? Which carb and where on it?

one hose from carb to crapcock fuel feed
        Michael

Comment

line

size is to small for the fuel line witch is hooked up and the bike runs, it is a vacum or vent line and way to long for fuel, I am sure its not fuel line, I cant see were it is attached but is above the fuel rail, and is long enough to hang to the bottom of the crank case I was sure it was a vent but then I put my finger over it and could feel it pulsing, the only thing I can think of as far as the flared end is that at one time it my have been removed, and replaced using the other end??

Comment

OK, I'm a little lost with your description so I'll tell you what you should have. This is for a stock petcock and the stock VM26 mm carbs.
            The tank has a hose coming from its fuel gauge unit. This is for fuel to dump away from the motor if the gauge units gasket should leak.
            Your petcock has two hoses. The smaller nipple/hose is the vacuum and goes to the brass nipple on the left side of carb #3. It's 3/16". The larger hose is the fuel hose and goes to the "T" fitting between carbs 2 and 3. It's 5/16".
            The carbs have two floatbowl vent tubes. One goes to the left side nipple on carb #2 and the other to the left side nipple on carb #4. These should be clear and routed so they are not kinked or blocked. Under the seat is a good place to route them. They are 3/16".
            The four small hoses under each floatbowl are for fuel overflow. Route them so fuel would spill to the ground. They are 1/8".
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

lines

Keith thats exactly what I have but what had me going is why the one vent tube pulsates, i figured that they are streched at one end because they were removed and reinstalled using the opposite end thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
              X