650L will not start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

650L will not start.

In an earlier post, i thought it might be the timing, but im not sure. Here is the situation. A while ago my starter stopped working, so i pulled the carbs, the airbox(forward half that is) the cam chain tensioner and the cover that covers the starter, i got that problem fixed. I did take the side cover off obviously. Well now it cranks, but wont start. The carbs appear to be clean inside. The petcock is working, but on the tank there is a place for a line on a gold colored piece, just to the front of the petcock. Also my gas gauge doesnt work anymore, where are the 2 plugs that it goes into, where is the other end of them that is. I thought i found them but i plug them in and it wont work. Im confused. If anyone could push me in the right direction that would be great. :arrow:

the is a second line that runs to the petcock, it comes off the second carb upto the other spigot you mention, this line supplies vacuum so the petcock will flow fuel, with out it you will not get fuel flow so the bike wont start.
    Dink

Comment

It seems few of the gas gauges work any more. Mine doesn't.

Michael

Comment

My petcock does flow fuel. Only the big fuel line and the vaccuum going to the petcock are hooked up. THere is a 3rd spot for a line not on the petcock. My gauge worked before i messed with it

Comment

3rd line is vent for the fuel guage. The gold part on the tank is the fuel gauge, has the vent tube and 2 wires (yellow and black, I think) that make the gauge on the cluster work.

Comment

Working...
          X