I am totally ashamed to ask this, but here goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am totally ashamed to ask this, but here goes

For clarifications sake, when people refer to the 'block' is this the part they're talking about?

I'm looking at getting my block o-ringed, to stop from blowing my head gasket under nitrous, so I've got to believe that's the right piece, but I've always called it other names.

Thanks for putting up with me

Thats it. How much nitrous are you running? At what compression ratio?
    EULC ON

Comment

about 60hp shot, with a 10.5 to 1 compression ratio. I blew a head gasket when I pressed the button the first time, hence the oring job.

Comment

We ran about 10.5 to one and sprayed 100hp..never blew a head gasket..Maybe I'm lucky...I'm interested in how you make out
        EULC ON

Comment

Holy crap!! How do you guys go so fast and not be scared!?

8O 8O :?
          Dm of mD

Comment

I'm thinking it may have to do with being bored out to 1229 as well, not sure though. I may be able to use the nitrous now, but I don't want to blow another gasket, and getting it o-ringed isn't that exspensive. Thanks for the help.

Dm, that's what the drag strip is for, don't have to worry about the buick cutting you off at over 100mph.

Comment

Sounds like a good move...Do you have a nitrous controller? Just curious.
              EULC ON

Comment

Nope, just a button, it's a pretty old system, no fogger nossles.

Comment

The big o-rings are down by the base gasket. I don't see how they will prevent a blown head gasket.

Comment

O ringing is a process of machining a grouve in the top of the block to accept a .020? thick wire to seal the chamber Usually used with a coper head gasket. You need to use external oil feed lines to feed the head when a coper gasket is used to prevent oil leaks

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                      O ringing is a process of machining a grouve in the top of the block to accept a .020? thick wire to seal the chamber Usually used with a coper head gasket. You need to use external oil feed lines to feed the head when a coper gasket is used to prevent oil leaks
                      I hadn't heard that you needed to do that. Do you know what's involved in switching to external lines?

Comment

Their is some info on another members site

Comment

Some good info there, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X