Wiring Harness, msc electrical stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Harness, msc electrical stuff

Ok, I have an 81 GS750, and I am having some electrical problems. I am (Hopefully) going enough to get me through to winter. Part of my winter wrenching is going to be a full new wiring harness, as the old one is pretty bad. I have lots of corrosion INSIDE the wires (cut a few out to replace things) and I know that it's at least partly to blame. I would buy a new one (haven't ever seen NEW for well), but I think I can also build one, if I can find all the connectors and such. Anyone know a source for connectors that work with existing ones on the bike?

Also, part of my troubleshooting (using the guide) I replaced the RR. The stator passes the tests from the guide, but it's still not charging with my new electrex RR. I still am going through the harness, but it all appears connected/cleaned. Any other ideas on what to check? I'm going to replace the tire to make it roadworthy tonight, and was going to restart the entire charging system troubleshooting guide from the top.

Wiring harness

There's a company this side of the pond I've used often,Vehicle Wiring Products,they can supply everything you'd need except original type block connectors.They will export and are inexpensive,reliable and quick.They stock 3.9mm bullet connectors as used by Suzuki.I rewired my 79 550 and just used bullets instead of blocks,a bit fiddlier I know,but I haven't had any problems since.E-mail them at sales@vehicleproducts.co.uk

Comment

I'm not sure what model it is from? I have a 81 GS750 wiring harness if you want it for cost of postage It is in good usable condition, Calif weather is not as hard on bikes

Comment

PM Inc

Comment

Working...
        X