Katana Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katana Question

Hi all , I need the specs on the later black engined 1100 katanas . Cant seem to find them anywhere. I also need to know if anyone could tell me where katanas tend to leak oil ( if they do at all)
    I had a kat that leaked at the front of the engine??Is that common?

cheers Michael

Are you talking about the 1983 black-engined 1100sd Katana? What specs were you after?

Comment

yep the 1100 , colours were candy apple , blue as well i think. I think it was the same as the EFE???Am I right??
      I need to know claimed Horse power .Or any other info would be great
      thanks geri44.

cheers michael

Comment

No Michael the 83 SD model was exactly the same as previous models, except for the motor being black.
        Dink

Comment

Oops I forgot to answer your other question
          Katana motors are GSX motors they leak in the same places as any 16 valve GS series motor. the leak at the front of the head near the camchain tunnel was pretty common, so much so Suzuki changed the head mid model,they changed the rocker cover and the places it bolted down, this was to deal with oil seeps at the rocker cover, as I recall you have suffered from the weep from the head gasket at the cam tunnel before. this was again a common problem, hot torqing your head will help a bit.
          Dink

Comment

specs, microfiches

http://ezwebz.com/gs-classic (---> models ---> katanas)
            http://www.suzukicycles.org (---> 1983)
            http://www.gsxkatana.de (---> technik ---> microfiches)

Comment

Yet again I thank the GS/X crowd for their help!
              You guys are the best.

cheers Michael

Comment

Hey Michael, the colors for the 1100 Kat we got in North America were;
                1982 - all silver, with the silver (grey) motor. The 750's were exactly the same color. The u.s. Kat's were 1000cc, and all silver for '82 as well.
                1983 - the only color for 1100's were silver with dark blue and lighter blue stripes along the top. The engines on the '83's were all black. The 750's of 1983 were silver with red/red stripes along the top. Black engine also.
                Here are some other random specs that may interest you;
                dry weight - 511 lbs.
                1074cc, compression - 9.5:1
                34mm cv carbs
                I believe horsepower was suppose to be in the 110-115hp range.
                They can sure be made to have a lot more power though! I had an 1133cc GS that made close to 150hp, and my current engine in my '82 car-tire Kat dragbike I estimate makes over 200hp. Tons of hot rod parts still available out there.

Comment

Working...
                X